Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Collectors

I don't know if I have told you but I'm doing my senior thesis on sneaker collectors. So this past weekend while me and the bestie were at Sneaker Con we bumped into DJ Clark Kent he was a cool dude. So I asked him if I can ask him some questions about sneaker collectors. He responded "Sure but I'm not a collector. I'm a wearer. When you get to the wears part hit us up."
So I started thinking about it today like in reality people have the misconception that collectors do not use their collections. The purpose of the collection is to hold, obtain, gather, inform yourself, and then display your collection. These steps are never limited or restricted to how you do them.
So I disagree with the avid air force one collector because you can have a collection and the way you display your collection is by wearing it. It shoes the public the same pride a art collector gets when their collection are in a musems.

No comments: