Friday, January 16, 2009

stick-on

I hate feeling like a stick on but I hate being alone. Today I invited myself into the city. When I say invite I mean my bestie was driving into the city and I decided might as well go too. I didn't invite myself to where she was going but I did ask her for a ride. I feel weird at times like maybe I shouldn't ask for a ride though we are heading to the same areas. I know were friends and that favors are done time to time but I don't want her to feel like I'm using her. Anyway I feel like I once again I invited myself along on the trip.

Once in the city I met up with 3 other sneaker aficionados to go to our regular meet up spot it was an ok outting we didn't really do much we talk ate had 1 or 2 drinks and left. It was mid-night and the outting was over ... but the night wasn't.

I headed all the way Uptown to a pool hall were I thought I was meeting up with a large group of friends when I got there it was my cousin's ex-wife, her new bf and my ex-fling (who I no longer spoke to unless it was on a hi and bye). Once there I am told that at the other end two of my cousins, an old fling and their friend so to be nice I said hello. A couple hours later I find myself sitting on a sink with my back against a window locked in a bathroom.

After the bathroom I sat and waited for my friend. She was really drunk and really upset. I felt bad because she's my friend and I hate seeing friends upset but also because I introduced her to the problem of the evening though I could do nothing to help the situation. I'm not gonna lie it was weird because it was one of the three times I've even seen this emotion from this person who I feel is so close to me. It's not an emotion I would associate with this person actually I'm the only person I would associate with this one in particular, but I actually felt like a friend, like I was depended on even if it was just to listen, it felt actually good. I just kinda wished I could have been more helpful.

No comments: