Wednesday, November 26, 2008

old friendships die hard...

I have been told that I am a great friend and that I do way to much. Actually I've heard this way to many times to even consider this a good thing. My whole life I have felt like my friends are the most important things to me but after being walked over a couple dozen times I'm tired of this shit. Don't get me wrong I feel like my friends that I currently have are the truest friends I have ever had next to two old school homies that get an honorable mention.

The point of this post is that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm going to try something new I'm going to give my friends the most space possible because I know I'm always around them and this is time for them and their closest.

The title to this blog is due to a friendship that I just can't let go of. This person is manipulative and they seek attention or its done for the day. Now that I'm not around them I don't have to deal with them anymore but this person has changed a lot in the last 7 months. I reached out to them yesterday and they took it as being depressing. Now they were an good friend time to time and I could confide in them but now it's like "Who is this person? Do I even know you?" The worst part about it is that I still want to be their friend. How can this be when they have put a gap between me and some of the people that were the closest to me 5 months ago.

No comments: